Your benevolent and kind Trivia Overlord and Ruler of the Question Universe is back to share with you the questions asked at this week’s edition of Egan’s Team Trivia! Do remember to make your way out to Egan’s Bar each Wednesday at 9 to play the game in real time and get a chance to win great prizes!
1. Highland High School was one of the main settings for what 1990′s TV show?
2. In 1964, President Lyndon Johnson defeated what Republican candidate in that year’s Presidential race?
3. What musician’s backing band was known as The Tennessee Three until 1980 when it was renamed The Great Eighties Eight
4. Name 1 of the 2 sequels to win the Academy Award for Best Picture. Bonus for both.
5. Richard Petty won his 200th and last race on what holiday?
6. Speedee was the original mascot of what restaurant chain?
7. The BFG 9000 was a weapon available in what video game series?
8. Salvatore “Sal” Paradise is the narrator and protagonist of what classic 20th century American novel?
9. In 2011, what was the highest selling European made beer in the United States?
HALF: Including playoff wins, name the 5 current NFL franchises with the least amount of career wins as of the start of the 2012 season
11. In the modern ERA, two teams have each thrown a record 3 perfect games in Major League Baseball. Name 1. Bonus for both.
12. What shock rocker was born Vincent Damon Furnier?
13. What is the largest capital city in Africa?
14. What later famous comedian appeared in a few episodes of The Cosby Show as Theo’s friend “Smitty”
15. The element Gallium takes its name from the Latin word for what country?
16. In Greek mythology, Helios is the personification of what?
LIGHTNING ROUND: Name 7 of the last 10 Vice Presidents of the United States
18. Promontory, the location where the Transcontinental Railroad was completed, is located in what state?
19. Pepperdine University is located in what California city?
20. What pharmaceutical company brought Viagra to the market?
FINAL Put these 4 events in order from earliest to latest:
-New York City hosts Wrestlemania XX -
-Chicago is awarded the Oscar for Best Picture
-North Carolina defeats Illinois for the NCAA Basketball Championship
-The Wire debuts on HBO
Now for some appropriate distractions…
Beavis and Butthead
The Godfather II and Return of the King
4th of July
On the Road
Texans – 66, Panthers – 131, Jaguars – 143, Buccaneers – 228, Seahawks – 277
White Sox and Yankees
Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Al Gore, Dan Quayle, George Bush Sr., Walter Mondale, Nelson Rockefeller, Gerald Ford, Spiro Agnew, Hubert Humphrey
The Wire Debuts on HBO – 2002
Chicago wins Best Picture – 2003
Wrestlemania XX -2004
North Carolina beats Illinois – 2005