Your benevolent and kind Trivia Overlord and Ruler of the Question Universe is back to share with you the questions asked at this week’s edition of Egan’s Team Trivia! Do remember to make your way out to Egan’s Bar each Wednesday at 9 to play the game in real time and get a chance to win great prizes!
1. On Cheers, what position did Sam Malone play for the Red Sox?
2. What nation won the gold medal in men’s soccer at the 2012 Summer Olympics?
3. What hurricane made landfall at Isle of Palms, South Carolina on September 22nd, 1989?
4. In the Kevin Smith film universe, what is the name of the comic book characters inspired by Jay and Silent Bob?
5. Dolores Hazes is the object of affection of the main character and narrator of what novel?
6. Mookie Blaylock was an early name of what 1990′s band?
7. Name 1 of the first two teams to lose 4 Super Bowls. Bonus for both
8. What is the only U.S. capital located on an international border?
9. The female flower clusters of humulus lupulus are used to make what kind of alcoholic drink?
HALFTIME : Name the last 5 shows to win the Emmy for outstanding comedy series
11. What was the nickname of World War I general John Pershing?
12. On Arrested Development, what is the name of GOB’s puppet?
13. Samus Aran is the protagonist of what classic video game?
14. Name the first James Bond film to feature Roger Moore as the title character
15. Before achieving success as a solo artist, 2Pac Shakur was a member of what alternative hip hop group?
16. Name 1 of the 2 current SEC schools other than Alabama to have played in the Rose Bowl
LIGHTNING ROUND: Name 7 of the first 10 elements on the Periodic Table by atomic number
18. What novel is also known as “The Modern Prometheus”
19. Louis’ Lunchbox in New Haven, Connecticut is credited as being the first to serve what in the United States?
20. Methylenedioxy Methyl amphetamine is also known by what street name?
FINAL: Put these four films in order of most to least in terms of their earnings at the US Domestic Box Office (Not adjusted for inflation): Jurassic Park, The Lion King, Independence Day, and Forest Gump
Now for a little appropriate distraction…
4. Bluntman and Chronic
6. Pearl Jam
7. Minnesota and Denver
HALF: Modern Family (2010-2011), 30 Rock (2007-2009), The Office (2006), Everybody Loves Raymond (2005), and Arrested Development (2004)
11. Black Jack
12. Franklin Delano Bluth
14. Live and Let Die
15. Digital Underground
16. Georgia and Tennessee
LIGHTNING: Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Berylium, Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Fluorine, and Neon
FINAL: The Lion King ($422 million), Jurassic Park ($357 million), Forest Gump ($329 million), Independence Day ($306 million)