Your friendly resident Trivia Overlord is back with this week’s Trivia Fix! The following questions were asked at this week’s edition of Egan’s Team Trivia. Make your plans to attend these team trivia nights every Wednesday at 9:00 P.M. for a chance to win bar cash!
1. What team won the most recent Orange Bowl played?
2. What original member of Kiss wears the Starchild make-up?
3. Louis the 14th belonged to what famous royal house?
4. Inspector Spacetime is a Dr. Who spoof enjoyed by characters on what TV show?
5. Steven Spielberg has won best director for 2 films? Name them.
6. The character of Jim Casy, a former minister, is featured in what classic novel?
7. The University of the South is also know by what name?
8. What team won this year’s UEFA Champion’s Cup, the top club level competition in European soccer
9. Henry Morgan, the namesake of Captain Morgan rum, died in what Caribbean country?
10. Name the 5 most populated state capitals? (City Limits – Not metro area)
11. What movie had the line: “I’ve *worked* in the private sector. They expect *results*. ”
12. Sick Sad World is the favorite show of what title cartoon character?
13. Mehmed VI was the last sultan of what empire?
14. On the show Game of Thrones, what is the sigil/symbol of House Lannister?
15. Mina Harker is a lead protagonist in what Victorian era novel
16. What movie featured Julianne Moore, Sam Elliot, and Tara Reid in key roles?
LIGHTNING ROUND: 10 NFL Franchises have been to the Super Bowl exactly once. Name at least 7.
17. What was the name of Elvis’ entourage?
18. Name either the Roman or Greek name for the chief goddess of the hunt?
19. The story of notorious American drug dealer Frank Lucas is told in what film?
20. Put these 4 Tom Petty Albums in order of release from earliest to latest: Hard Promises, Southern Accents, Damn the Torpedoes and Into the Great Wide Open
Now some relevant photos before the answers:
Schindler’s List and Prvt. Ryan
Grapes of Wrath
Phoenix 1.4m, Indianapolis 827k, Austin, 820k, Columbus 797k, and Nashville (626k)
Bram Stoker’s Dracula
The Big Lebowski
Falcons, Chargers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Titans, Jets, Saints, Bucs, Ravens
Artemis and Diana
Damn the Torpedoes, Hard Promises, Southern Accents, and Into the Great Wide Open