Your benevolent and kind Trivia Overlord and Ruler of the Question Universe is back to share with you the questions asked at this week’s edition of Egan’s Team Trivia! Do remember to make your way out to Egan’s Bar each Wednesday at 9 to play the game in real time and get a chance to win great prizes!
1. Who has taken over hosting duties of “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” due to the death of Dick Clark?
2. What infamous prison began its conversion to a federal prison of the United States on January 1st, 1934?
3. On what 1983 U2 album will you find the song New Year’s Day?
4. Adrian Peterson came only 9 yards away from breaking the NFL Single Season Rushing Record held by who?
5. What blockbuster ended 2012 as the highest grossing film of the year 2012?
6. The Chinese New Year on February 10th, 2013 will celebrate the year of what? Dragon, Snake, or Rabbit?
7. Mt. Denali is better known by what name?
8. What childrens book character is associated with the happenings of Number Seventeen Cherry Tree Lane in London?
9. What spirit is produced by distilling wine?
HALFTIME: Name the 5 films nominated for Best Motion Picture in the Drama category at the 2013 Golden Globs
11. What film features the characters Louis Winthorpe III, Billy Ray Valentine, and Clarence Beeks?
12. Name 2 of the 3 studio albums released by the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Bonus for all 3.
13. On the show Parks and Recreation, what is the name of the neighboring rival town to Pawnee?
14. Who was recently fired as head coach of the Brooklyn Nets and who was named as his interim replacement?
15. Who is the only U.S. President to have also served on the U.S. Supreme Court?
16. Within 2 either way, what is the combined total of community chest and chance cards in a game of Monopoly?
LIGHTNING: Name 7 of the 11 schools with the most appearances in the Fiesta Bowl
18. What was the name of the island where Napolean was first exiled in 1814?
19. Name 2 of the 3 vegetables that consist of the Holy Trinity of Cajun cooking? Bonus for the 3rd
20. Papaver somniferum is the species of plant from which what narcotic source is derived?
FINAL: Put these 4 events in order:
The last episode of Seinfeld is aired
The Big 12 Conference plays its first football game, which included Kansas State and Texas Tech
The Grateful Dead perform their last show with Jerry Garcia
Good Will Hunting is released at the box office
Now for some distraction…
1. Ryan Seacrest
4. Eric Dickerson
5. The Avengers
7. Mt. McKinley
8. Mary Poppins
9. Brandy (From brandywinde, derived from the Dutch word for “burnt wine”)
HALFTIME: Argo, Django Unchained, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty
11. Trading Places
12. Are you Experienced, Axis: Bold as Love, and Electric Ladyland
14. Avery Johnson/P.J. Carlisimo
15. William Howard Taft
LIGHTNING: Penn State, Arizona State, Ohio State, Nebraska (6), Oklahoma (5), FSU, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Miami (4), Colorado, Tennessee (3)
19. Bell pepper, onion, and celery
The Grateful Dead perform their last show with Jerry Garcia (July 1995)
The Big 12 Conference plays its first football game, which included Kansas State and Texas Tech (August 1996)
Good Will Hunting is released at the box office (December 1997)
The last episode of Seinfeld is aired (May 1998)