Your benevolent and kind Trivia Overlord and Ruler of the Question Universe is back to share with you the questions asked at this week’s edition of Egan’s Team Trivia! Do remember to make your way out to Egan’s Bar each Wednesday at 9 to play the game in real time and get a chance to win great prizes!
1. Tommy DeVito, Jimmy Conway, and Henry Hill are all characters in what 1990′s film?
2. Up until 1868, what Asian capital was known as Edo, which means “estuary”?
3. What was the only #1 single off of Van Halen’s 1984 album, the last to feature the original Van Halen lineup?
4. On what show does a character use the alias “Rusty Shackleford” mostly to order pizza?
5. What NFL team has used the nickname “The Monsters of the Midway”?
6. What goddess was kidnapped by Hades to serve as Queen of the Underworld?
7. In 1989, the United States of America removed General Manuel Noriega from power of what country?
8. In The Lord of the Rings universe, what is the name of Bilbo and later Frodo’s sword that glows blue when orcs are present?
9. What specific brand of beer features the logo known as “The Girl in the Moon”?
HALFTIME : Name the last 5 Head Coaches to LOSE in the BCS Championship Game
11. Kennesaw Mountain Landis, Ford Frick, and Peter Ueberroth were all former commissioners of what sport?
12. What state is known as the Granite State and what is its capital city?
13. On Parks and Recreation, what is the name Ron Swanson uses when he performs as a jazz musician?
14. The Battle of Yavin takes place in what 1970′s film?
15. Name 1 of the 2 South American countries that border the Rio de la Plata?
16. What general crossed the Rubicon river, thus plunging his country into civil war?
LIGHTNING ROUND: Name 7 of the 10 countries that have hosted the Winter Olympics.
18. After the moon, what planet is the brighest natural object in the sky?
19. What 1970′s rocker was originally born Chaim Weitz?
20. Purdue Pharma makes what highly abused pain management drug?
FINAL: Put these 4 events in order:
The Colorado Avalanche beat the Florida Panthers 4-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals
GoldenEye, the first James Bond film featuring Pierce Brosnan, is released
The last episode of Roseanne is aired
Tom Petty releases the album “Wildflowers”
Now for some distraction…
4. King of the Hill
5. Chicago Bears
9. Miller High Life
HALFTIME: Les Miles (2012), Chip Kelly (2011), Mack Brown (2010), Bob Stoops (2009), Jim Tressell (2008)
12. New Hampshire/Concord
13. Duke Silver
14. Star Wars IV: A New Hope
15. Argentina and Uruguay
16. Julius Caesar
LIGHTNING ROUND: France, Switzerland, United States, Germany, Norway, Italy, Austria, Japan, Yugoslavia, Canada
19. Gene Simmons
Tom Petty releases the album “Wildflowers” (November 1994)
GoldenEye, the first James Bond film featuring Pierce Brosnan, is released (November 1995)
The Colorado Avalanche beat the Florida Panthers 4-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals (June 1996)
The last episode of Roseanne is aired (May 1997)