Your benevolent and kind Trivia Overlord and Ruler of the Question Universe is back to share with you the questions asked at this week’s edition of Egan’s Team Trivia! Do remember to make your way out to Egan’s Bar each Wednesday at 9 to play the game in real time and get a chance to win great prizes!
1. The Revolution was once the backing band for what 80′s star?
2. On the Jeffersons, what kind of business did George own that resulted in him and his family “moving on up?”
3. In The Lords of the Rings trilogy, what character rode the horse named Shadowfax?
4. Of the 8 franchises left in the NFL playoffs, how many have played in a Super Bowl?
5. Martin Scorsese won his only Best Director Academy Award for what film?
6. The Spanish American War broke out after the controversial sinking of the USS Maine in what city’s harbor?
7. When it was introduced to Europe, what popular drink was referred to as “Muslim Wine”?
8. Name 1 of the 2 US States that get the most average rainfall each year
9. True or false: The real life Johnnie Walker was a Scottish politician.
HALF TIME: Name 5 of the 7 states where the most U.S. Presidents have been born. Colonial times count.
11. What team was the last NHL franchise to win the Stanley Cup?
12. Name one of the last two US Presidents that never gave an inaugural address.
13. What was the last number one single Elvis Pressley had in the United States before he died?
14. What actor famously signed on to play Harvey Dent in Tim Burton’s Batman film, hoping he’d be used in an eventual sequel as Two Face?
15. Regina is the capital city of what Canadian province?
16. What radioactive element was used in the 2nd atomic bomb dropped by the United States in World War II?
LIGHTNING: Name 7 of the first 10 countries to join the European Economic Community, which eventually became the European Union
18. Of the 12 Olympian gods in Greek mythology, who was the only to retain their Greek name when adopted by the ancient Romans?
19. Within two either way, how many total squares are found on a standard chess or checkers board?
20. What addictive alkaloid found in the nightshade family of plants has been widely used as an insecticide in the past?
FINAL: Put these TV shows in order of most episodes run to least:
The Cosby Show
Now for some distraction…
2. Dry Cleaners
5. The Departed
8. Hawaii (Average 63.7 inches) and Louisiana (60.1)
9. False – He was a grocer
HALF TIME: Virginia (8), Ohio (7), Massachusetts (4), New York (4), North Carolina, Texas, Vermont (2)
11. Los Angeles Kings
12. Gerald Ford and Chester Arthur
13. Suspicious Minds
14. Billy Dee Williams
LIGHTNING ROUND: Belgium, France, West Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, UK, Greece
Cheers – 270
Friends – 236
The Cosby Show – 201
Seinfeld – 180