Your benevolent and kind Trivia Overlord and Ruler of the Question Universe is back to share with you the questions asked at this week’s edition of Egan’s Team Trivia! Do remember to make your way out to Egan’s Bar each Wednesday at 9 to play the game in real time and get a chance to win great prizes!
1. What is the name of the restaurant that Vince takes Mia to in Pulp Fiction?
2. In what state did the infamous Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash, which killed lead singer Ronnie Van Zandy, happen?
3. The Picture of Dorian Gray was the only published novel by what author?
4. What Greek god was known by the Romans as Mercury?
5. What popular magazine was almost published under the name “Stag Party”?
6. What NFL Team plays its home games at Paul Brown Stadium?
7. On Arrested Development, what actor does Tobias hire to teach him the craft of acting?
8. What year was the first televised Presidential debate held?
9. What brand of champagne is named for a monk who is mistakenly credited as the inventor of champagne?
HALFTIME: By enrollment, name the 5 largest schools in the Southeastern Conference
11. Name 1 of the 2 Big Ten Schools that battle for the Floyd of Rosedale trophy, which is a bronze trophy in the shape of a pig?
12. Skesis and Gelflings are creatures found in what fantasy film?
13. The geographic center of the contiguous 48 states is located in what state?
14. The land at Walden Pond used by Henry David Thoreau for his novel “Walden” was owned by what other famous author?
15. Which of the following has never been a regular cast member for Saturday Night Live: Robert Downey Jr., Randy Quaid, John Stewart, or Damon Wayans
16. What was the bloodiest single day battle in the Civil War?
LIGHTNING ROUND: Name 7 of the 10 Best Picture winners from the 2000′s (2000 – 2009)
18. Name 1 of the 2 elements used to make common steel. Bonus for both
19. The Noid was a popular 1980′s character used in advertising by what company?
20. The story of notorious drug dealer George Jung is detailed in what film?
FINAL Put these 4 events in order:
King of the Hill debuts on FOX
Kentucky defeats Syracuse 76-67 to win the NCAA Basketball Championship
Dawson’s Creek debuts on The WB
Kentucky Quarterback Tim Couch is the first overall pick in the NFL Draft
Now for a little distraction…
Now the answers…
Jack Rabbit Slim’s
Texas A&M (52k), Florida (51k), Georgia (35.5k), Missouri (34k), Alabama (33k)
Iowa and Minnesota
The Dark Crystal
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Battle of Antietam
Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, Chicago, Return of the King, Million Dollar Baby, Crash, The Departed, No Country for Old Men, Slumdog Millionaire, The Hurt Locker
Carbon and Iron
-Kentucky defeats Syracuse: 1996
-King of the Hill debuts – 1997
-Dawson’s Creek debuts – 1998
-Tim Couch is drafted – 1999