That’s right everyone it is time for a new league to start. The league will start this Wednesday Jan. 18th. This will be our…..12 to 15ish league. Its hard to really remember when the sport practically demands that you drink large amounts of beer. The league works like this;
- You and two friends come out to the AMF bowling ally on Wednesday nights at 8pm. Come a little early this first week to fill out paper work.
- If you don’t have two other people to help you form your very on three headed monster pure
bowling awesomeness come out anyway there are always a few people looking to join a team.
- You each bring $12, this covers the cost of the games, shoe rental and league scoring
- You get assigned a handicap to make it fair when bowling against better bowlers.
- How does this handicap work? Well I’m glad you asked, It is 100% of 200. I know you thought there would be no math but bear with us, all it means is that if you average 100 pins you’ll get 100 pins added to your score. So lets say you average 120 pins well you get 80 pins, 150 you 50 added and so on. So what ever you average under 200 will be added to your score.
- At the end of 12 weeks there are cash prizes as well as well as a big pot luck and free bowling. We also have it on good authority that there will be a special prize for each team this league. Hint it rhymes rolling fall.
We like to look at the league as sort of a midweek weekend. Something to help on Monday because
shit it’s only two days till bowling and after bowing it’s almost the weekend. It’s also a great way to kick it with your friends and play one of the few sports that encourage drinking. If you have any questions please drop us a line at wellthatscool(at)gmail(dot)com. We hope to see you there.